Plain Old Toasted Cheese

 
 
Confort foods are one of the staples of any "under-the-weather" household and mine is no exception. With myself, Hubby and Baby sick, I wanted somting conforting and delicious. I had a cheese craving so I decided to make a cheese sandwich. Not the most healthy of choices, but always good. The only issue was that I wanted it to be hot and gooey and crispy. So not just a normal sandwich.
 
 


 
Usually we just make either toast with cheese on top and microwave it for a bit to ensure the cheese melts but the toast can go soggy. I decided to go old school. Do a toasted sandwich. In a pan! And all I can say is: why haven't I done this before?! I added my own little twists and absolutly loved it. My new go-to comforter.
 



What do you need:

  • 2 slices white bread
  • 1/2 cup grated cheese
  • 1 tbsp cream cheese
  • 1 tsp chilli sauce (sweet or otherwise)
  • 2 tsp butter

What to do:

  1. Spread the cream cheese on one slice of bread.
  2. Top with chilli sacue and grated cheese.
  3. Place other slice bread on top. Butter both outsides of bread.
  4. Place in a heated pan and fry for a few minutes until golden and crispy.
  5. Turn over and fry a few more until cheese is melted.
  6. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts