Braai (BBQ) Pizza

Sometimes a treat is placed on a table during a braai (South African BBQ) that delights absolutely everyone. I am happy to share this treat that takes less than 5 minutes to create. It was so good that I literally had to fight to take a photo before everything was gone. As this little gem will be made again and again I have no fear that I will be able to add a more comprehensive post to the collection but for now I had to share this secret!
 



I call it a "braai pizza" as you do it on the coals until the base is crispy and the cheese is melted. It is just too easy to make! take two store bought pizza, place one on top of the other. BBQ one side until the base is crispy to the touch, flip it over and do the same on the other side. Serve cut into squares and then get out of the way!



 
This one is made from a pulled pork pizza and a Mexican pizza, meaning you have some juicy shredded meat, jalapeno peppers and double the cheese. This would make an amazing lunch as well. Just serve with a side salad. We are going away for a few days in a couple of weeks and we will make this again (I will take better photos and step by step info) and we will also try a veggie one. Stay posted!
 


Comments

Popular Posts