Low Carb Creamy Chicken Bake (Chicken-a-la-King)

 

 
I love creamy bakes with lost of sauce, however I hate a thin sauce. It should coat the meat and glue the rice together! I sued to make my sauce from a packet that included flour to thicken the sauce as it cooks and lost of flavour add-ins that are all artificial. Now I make this quick dinner and it taste amazing. You can make it with a cooked chicken boned but I only had chicken pieces so I cooked it from scratch.


Recipe adapted from the book "Low Carb is Lekker".

What do you need:

  • 8 chicken pieces
  • 250g mushrooms
  • 4 zucchinis
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1 stock cube
  • boiling water
  • lemon juice
What to do:

  1. Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a frying pan that has a lid. Add the chicken and fry until brown.
  2. Dissolve the stock cube in a cup of boiling water. Add it to the chicken.
  3. Reduce the heat and put the lid on. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
  4. Remove the lid and allow to simmer until the water is almost evaporated.
  5. Turn up the heat, add the rest of the butter.
  6. Fry the mushrooms until golden brown.
  7. Add the zucchini and fry for a few minutes more.
  8. Add the garlic, cream and lemon juice.
  9. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer until the sauce thickens.



Traditionally you enjoy this dish with rice. You can fake it with caulirice but I just steamed the cauliflower and enjoyed it as is.

Try it, you will love it at first sight.

Comments

Popular Posts