Microwave Low Carb Coconut Bread

I have had a bit of a nightmare sugar fest the last couple of weeks which is so sad since I have such a healthy run food wise since the beginning of September. I was noticeably absent in August as a started a new job which is completely different from my previous one making me more office bound and having to research and learn so many new things. It is fantastic though as the subjects are so interesting. But as always the 'Hunger Monster' pops up when I am even slightly stressed and the only way to get the bugger to leave me for a few minutes it to drown him (and me) in goodies like chocolate! Terrible I know especially when you are trying to loose a few...
 


 
So cutting sugar was an obvious step. Cutting carbs then comes second as 'everyone knows carbs are just another form of sugar'. But as you might have picked up from my blog, I love my bread. I have french toast stuffed with nutella for breakfast for goodness sake!! So the only way to survive this 'healthy eating' phase is to make my own bread. I have made a almond flour low-carb bread before and it was convenient and tasty and so very filling!

I decided to try one with coconut flour this time and it worked even better! It is fluffier, slightly (but not very) sweet and the possibilities are endless. And again I made it in the microwave and it worked brilliantly. This time I made it fresh at work and even those with gluten allergy loved it. So give it a try:
 



What you need:

  • 1 TBSP melted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 TBSP coconut flour (sifted to remove lumps if possible)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
What to do:

  1. In a microwave safe bowl with a flat bottom, add the cooled butter (too hot and you will scramble the egg!) and flour and baking powder. Mix and then add the egg.
  2. Mix well removing all lumps. Don't be tempted to add water if you feel it is dry because if you add too much it won't cook in the middle.
  3. Smooth the top with the back of a wet spoon.
  4. Microwave for 90 seconds.
  5. If it is still raw in the middle then continue with 30 second intervals.
I cut the slice in half lenghtways and enjoy as normal but it is very filling!



Comments

Popular Posts