Peanut Butter Baked Oats


The Little One wakes up way too early on a weekend morning. She would be all smiles and cuteness and within second she would become a hungry little monster wanting breakfast. I try and give her a decent breakfast before she realised the joy of instant cereal. The only way I can do early breakfast is to bake one of these beauties on a Friday evening, cool it down and the next morning all I have to do is cut a piece, place in a bowl and add milk, microwave and there you go. And the best part? I do the same thing on Sunday morning! 




You can obviously do plain baked oats and if you have a picky eater that may be the way to go but I feel you tend to add too much sugar to plain oats so I added a heaped teaspoon peanut butter to one. I use a small bowl that only really has a 2 cup capacity and is both oven and microwave safe. I get 4 portions from one of these.




Add 1 cup oats, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar to a bowl. Heat in the microwave for a few minute to heat the milk and mix well until the peanut butter is mixed through. Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC. Sprinkle a teaspoon of dark chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through. Top with foil if it browns too quickly.




It will look (and smell) like a giant chocolate chip oats cookie! All you have to do the next day is to cut out ¼ and place in a deep bowl. Add ½ cup milk and heat through, then mix well and serve. So quick and so easy to make and enough for mom as well...



The options really are endless. I have done bigger ones before with Blueberries and Macadamia Nuts which were great and a Baked Caramel version as well. You can add any flavour combination you can think off.


Comments

Popular Posts