Waffles with White Chocolate Chips and Blueberries | Homemade Yoghurt


Yes you can use a box mix and still be a good mother but why when it really is just so quick and easy to make your own and do it with less sugar? I bought a Krups Waffle Maker and decided to really give it a go. As always a quick waffle batter recipe is included which I used with some alterations. But if you want delicious waffle/pancake box mix use Nomu's Pancake and Waffle Mix which turned out fantastic and has 2 pouches so you don't have to use it all in one go.



Waffle Batter:


  • 2 ½ cups self raising flour
  • 2 tbsp rice syrup/stevia/sugar
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • ½ cup oil


  1. Sift the flour
  2. Beat the eggs and milk together. 
  3. Add to all the dry ingredients.
  4. Add rice syrup if using.
  5. Cook waffles. 
Alternatively separate the egg whites and  beat to a thick foam. Beat the egg yolks with the milk. And follow the recipe and gently fold in the egg whites last.



I add the goodies in the machine on top of the uncooked batter in this instance I added small white chocolate chips and blueberries which is the squashed into the batter when you close the lid. But add anything you like. 


Instead of cream and syrup I served mine with homemade yogurt that I make in this yoghurt machine and using Woolworth's double cream yoghurt as a started and full cream UHT milk. Instead of 9 hour I leave it for 11 or 12 so it comes out thick and smooth. Hubby though it was cream!


In an attempt to go sugar free (deleting all unnecessary sugar from the family diet) I realised how much sugar is added to Little Em's food especially yoghurt! And as she has yoghurt every day I decided that my one good deed a week is to make 7 of these little pots on a monday, leaving enough yoghurt for me and Em. I got her to eat plain full cream yoghurt without any additions within 1 week!

What is your good deed for every week?


Comments

Popular Posts