Party Sausage Rolls


With a first birthday party around the corner, I have been looking for snacks that would not only be great party food but also fantastic lunchbox treats. With that in mind I went hunting in the shops and though mini sausage rolls would be perfect. And as I'm so lazy I will just buy some frozen ones to bake. After my I Quit Sugar experiment, I've been more aware of what has been going into products, especially ones I'm giving the little one. So I was horrified when I saw the lists of ingredients in a common sausage roll. So laziness be damned, I was going to have to make my own, no matter the effort. I was pleasantly surprised with the version I found below. I modified it a tiny bit but quick and easy is my motto and these deliver! Make a bunch and keep some frozen in the freezer to whip out whenever necessary.

INGREDIENTS
  • 500gm Veal or Beef Mince
  • 1 Carrot, grated
  • 1 Small Zucchini, peeled & grated
  • 1 Tsp minced Garlic
  • 1/4 Brown Onion, chopped finely
  • 1 Tsp Seeded mustard
  • 1 Egg
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 Sheets Puff Pastry



LET’S PUT IT ALTOGETHER

  1. In a large bowl place all the ingredients and mix well to combine with your hands.
  2. Cut a sheet of puff pastry in half, lay 1/4 of the mixture through the middle of the half puff pastry making sure to go all the way to the edges evenly.
  3. Roll the pastry over the mince mixture and all the way over to seal.
  4. Cut into bite sizes approx 6-8 per roll. Place onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper. Spray with a little cooking oil. 
  5. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
  6. Bake in a 200 degree Celcius oven for 10-15 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.

Lunchbox Friendly: Perfect cold the next day in lunch boxes.
Freezer Friendly: Freeze at the point where you have just cut into bite sized pieces. When ready to cook simply place the uncooked mini sausage rolls on the tray still frozen. Adjust cooking time by an extra 5 minutes.




Www.cookingforbusymums.com

Comments

Popular Posts