Sweet Jalapeño Popper Sandwich

I think I'm going Jalapeño Popper crazy! I decided it needs something sweet to go with the tangy, meaty, creamy and crispy. This is one well-rounded sandwich! I've always been a bit nutty for salt and sweet like pretzels dipped in chocolate on spreading jam on my toast before adding my bacon and fried egg and that gave me an idea...


So what did I add? Tomato chilli jam. Mainly for the sweet (which really adds something) but also for a better tang as the sandwiches aren't that hot. 

• 4 slices white bread
• 4 tsp low fat cream cheese 
• 1 tsp tomato chilli jam
• 2 slices cheese
• 3 slices salami
• 2 tsp jalapeño slices



1. Spread the 4 slices with 1 tsp cream cheese each. Then spread 2 slices with 1 tsp each jam.


 2. Top the Sam 2 slices with a slice cheese and tsp each jalapeño slices.


3. Top with 1 and a 1/2 salami slices on each bread. Then place the other 2 slices bread on top.


4. Place into the sandwich press and grill until brown, crispy and the cheese is melted.


5. Cut in half and enjoy.


Serves 2 with 6 WeightWatchers ProPoints each.

Comments

Popular Posts